(1) Go straight to Jesus. Psa 61:2, “When my heart is
overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I”
(2) Deal with your own heart: repent & forgive. There may be a very big log in your eye. That’s how Jesus describes it. “How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out
of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first
take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the
speck out of your brother's eye” (Mt 7:4-5).
(3) If you need to talk, have the right attitude. “God
resists the proud but gives grace to the humble” (1 Pet 5:5)
(4) If you know someone is offended, fix it. “If you are
offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has
something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar and go. First
be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift” (Mt 5:23-24).
(5) If you need help, get it. “If your brother sins against
you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to
you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he does not listen, take one or
two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence
of two or three witnesses. 17 If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the
church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a
Gentile and a tax collector” (Mt 18:15-17).